- There’s more than one winner. If you are placed within the Top 10 Semi-Finalist round, your business is invited to join the Hatch Detroit Alumni Program, which offers technical support, referrals to other business support organizations and the opportunity for additional spot grant funding. Comerica and Hatch Detroit will also host a business planning workshop later this year for Hatch Alumni to address challenges related to opening and operating a storefront.
- Publicity. Your business will be seen by thousands of potential customers throughout the city before you ever open your doors. This introduction to the larger public allows contestants to gain visibility and support from the community as well as the attention of potential investors. The contest has received a combined 300,000 public votes that have helped contest winners such as Hugh, La Feria, Batch Brewing Company, Sister Pie and Live Cycle Delight, as well as assisting 14 other storefronts open in Detroit, Highland Park and Hamtramck since 2011. You could be next!
- Be your own boss. Tired of the traditional 9 to 5? Looking to make the leap? The Comerica Hatch Detroit contest and alumni program can give you the support you need and a supportive community of entrepreneurs as you strike out on your own.
- Invest in your community. Join the network of Hatch alumni who have invested over 2.5 million in Detroit and Hamtramck. Revitalize an old building, activate space and make your neighborhood a more walkable, welcoming, vibrant place.
- Increased prize package and support. Along with the $50,000 grand prize, this year’s package will include over $200,000 worth of in-kind services, including a $25,000 branding and design packing from GTB (formally Team Detroit), a 30-second media advertisement from MCCI, legal services from Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn and a package of accounting, IT, public relations support, and counsel from Hatch Detroit and its partners.
Get your applications in by July 15th to see your storefront dreams come alive!